FAQ PAGE - Magic Glides Magic Glide manual
What is a Magic Glide?
A magic Glide that fits over the Lips of your wand. Its universal to fit all wands and may require you to custom fit to your wand. Magic Glide is an inexpensive way to add glides to your wand compared to Full Size Wand Glides. There is two lips on your wand, top lip and bottom lip, when ordering we will send you a pair for each wand. Most wands you can fit 2 Magic Glides, but if you can only fit one then you can have one for a back up. Our Magic Glides are design for a universal fit for Most 11, 12", 14 and 16" wands and even with a vacuum slot of 3/16".
When you receive your Magic Glides, install each over the Top and Bottom Lip as shown. If you purchased one, then install your Magic Glide on the bottom lip (The Lip furthest away from the Jets)
The Lip of your wand may be slightly shorter when you receive our Magic Glides. So you will have to shave the edge of the Glide. This is easily accomplished by using any razor blade, Utility knife or carpet knife. Shave off the edges until you get an exact fit. Keep in mind, the bottom lip (the Lip of your wand further away from the Jets) may be slightly shorter than the top. Also, if you can only fit one Glide on your wand, then install the Magic Glide on the bottom.
Why Purchase a Magic Glides:
These glides are made on high precision CNC machines to deliver exactly the right fit, to fit on the lips of the wands themselves. The result is a smaller glide only slightly larger than 1/4"thick) that uses no holes, yet can still promote fast carpet drying and ease of movement, without any danger of plugging up with debrie as some other designs can do. This is accomplished by our unique off-set grinding process that puts the thin side of the glide wall into the slot, leaving plenty of room for airflow to go down the center of the wand slot.
Because of this design, the Magic Glides promotes high cfm air flow at the wand/carpet interface like no other design can do. Now you can clean right up to the baseboards without the glide getting in the way. They are best used by people that have a tight 3/16" wide slot on their wands, and are fitted on the front lip when installed. Those that have a wider 1/4" or more on their wand slots should purchase Full Size Wand Glides.
Further, installing Magic Glides now you can clean hard surface and carpets with ease.
When you receive your Magic Glides, install each over the Top and Bottom Lip as shown. If you purchased one, then install your Glide on the Bottom Lip- furthest away from the jet.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We recommend cleaning with only 1 Magic Glide Lip There are circumstances however, when you may desire to install the Lip on the front of your wand. Additionally, 2 Magic Glide Lips may be beneficial at times, in particular, if your wand can accommodate 2 Lips, you may find flood extraction with 2 Lips to be more effective than 1 Lip.
1. Remove one Magic Glide from the retainer.
2. Clean & Dry the mouth of your wand
3. Beginning at one end of the wand-opening slide the Magic Glide onto the wand, be sure to hold it firmly to the wand with your thumb while sliding and snapping the Magic Glide® with your other hand.
4. Not all wands are manufactured identically; some trimming will be necessary to allow proper fit. If trimming is necessary, an Exacto blade is recommended. Hint: For best performance, trim the Magic Glide so that the Lip is not touching the ends of the mouth opening (about a 1/16” to 1/8” gap at each end of the wand).
5. Not all wands are manufactured identically; some trimming will be necessary to allow proper fit. If trimming is necessary, an Exacto blade is recommended. Hint: For best performance, trim the Magic Glide so that the Lip is not touching the ends of the mouth opening (about a 1/16” to 1/8” gap at each end of the wand).
6. If installing 2 Lips, install the 2nd Lip following the same procedure. Follow the same procedure for each end of the Magic Glide.
7. Installation has been performed properly when the lip is flush with the surface of the wand.
8. To ensure proper gap and airflow, you may need to slide a dull butter knife from one end of the inlet to the other. Additionally, the dull butter knife becomes a handy cleaning tool for debris, which may become lodged.
9. Adhesive is not necessary, Additionally, silicone caulk can be applied to the entire length of the Lip and then installed, simply wipe the excess caulk immediately. Begin cleaning carpeting effortlessly and effectively.
Important Enhanced Performance Instruction for your Lips
Read and Carefully follow the Instructions
As you continue to use your Magic Glide, the slot gap of the Magic Glide may gradually expand causing the Lips to become loose on the wand. Since Glides does not have memory, they do not normally return to their original shape on their own. To improve their performance, just remove the Lip and squeeze it with your fingers beginning on one end and continue squeezing the Lip throughout the entire length of the Lip to close the gap. This will give your Magic Glide a new “memory”. Re-install your Lip and continue working. Some wands have such a large gap between the Lips of their opening that you may not notice this at all as the gap will not be an issue.
Repeatedly removing and re-installing your lips will cause the dwell (gap) of the Lips to enlarge. If you do remove your Magic Glide, simply follow the instructions to close the gap and re-install.
If you have additional questions about Custom fitting your Magic Glides—please call our support staff at Toll Free—800-510-2436 or email: email@example.com
please download the manual for your magic glides. Magic Glide manual
1 Magic Lip 2 Magic Lips
· Easier gliding good very good
· Large particle pick up very good fair
· Flood water recovery good excellent
· Commercial carpet cleaning good very good
· Residential carpet cleaning very good good
· Low Cost excellent excellent
2 Magic Glides should only be used with wands, which can accommodate 2 Lips without sacrificing airflow. With some wands, the slot gap is too small to accommodate 2 Lips. The three wands, which work best with 2 Glides, are the CMP (California Metal Products), the WestPack wands, and the PMF (Production Metal Performance) some times the Hydrahoe as well. The Prochem wands, Hydramaster, and most other wands have too narrow of a vacuum slot gap to accommodate 2 Glides; therefore, you will only be successful installing 1 Glide on those and most other wands. Although wanding is much easier with 2 Glides, we only recommend using 1 Lip in most circumstances except for floodwater recovery. If 2 Glides are to be used for cleaning, it should only be for cleaning commercial or low pile carpeting.
1 Magic Glides Glide in most circumstances should be mounted on the back or underside of the wand and may require an adjustment in the angle of your wand when cleaning low pile carpeting in order to maintain positive vacuum suction. It will have a slight learning curve, however, the single Glide will aid in greater water and soil recovery with greater ease in gliding which is not possible without Lips. The single Glide will increase the height of the back of the wand causing the operator to raise the wand’s angle slightly to accommodate the height change.
Purchasing 2 glides provides the user with an extra Lip as a spare. Once you have cleaned with Magic Glides,, you will never want to be without one. If and when the first one fails, it is nice to have a second one
If you have additional questions about custom fitting your Magic Glides or purchase - Please call our support staff at 800-510-CHEM(2436)
Quality, innovative, US made products; the best customer service, outstanding support and a full 30 day money back guarantee set us apart.
We specialize in wand glides for a large array of the most popular carpet cleaning wands. We also offer other products that make it easier for you to do a better job faster and more efficiently.
If you have additional questions - Please call our support staff at 800-510-CHEM
Download the magic glide manual here: Magic Glide manual